- Anita Hesch
10 Staging Tricks for Condo Living
When you’re short on space, it can be difficult to know how to make your condo welcoming and comfortable. These 10 tricks are some I use to create the illusion of extra space.
1. Focus on the entrance. Whether you have a townhouse and can decorate your porch or have an entryway in your condo, create an organized area to greet your guests. Add greenery, a hallway table or a storage solution for coats, and shoes.
2. Declutter. When it comes to decluttering, you need to be ruthless. If you haven’t used it or worn it in three months, store it. If you haven’t touched the box in a year, donate or sell the items.
3. Less is always more. Look at your furniture and ask yourself what you can do without. Having too much furniture in a small space is one of the biggest problems I see in condos.
4. Think-floating furniture. Keep furniture away from walls to make your space more user-friendly. Keeping furniture away from walls will make your space feel larger and will open the room.
5. Repurpose. If you have a room that tends to collect clutter more than anything, consider changing it into something different. An office space or a spare bedroom are common choices.
6. Choose great lighting. Whether you have too few fixtures or the lighting is too dim or too harsh, changing your lighting is a relatively simple fix. Increasing your wattage, changing to LED, or adding dimmers to current lighting are all simple ways to fix your lighting issues.
7. Add colours. Adding some colour can bring your home up to date, and give it a warm and welcoming feeling. Paint, or add accent pillows or coloured curtains for a simple update.
8. Rearrange. From time to time rearrange your furniture and artwork to different rooms in your home. You’d be surprised how this simple task can change the entire feel of your home.
9. Accessorize. Three is a common number of accessories to display, however, instead of placing them together imagine a triangle with one item at each point. Be sure the items vary in height and width, adding the largest to the back of the triangle and smallest to the front.
10. Bring the outdoors inside. Fresh flowers are always welcome in a home.
These home staging tips should make staging your own condo simple. Ready for an extra hand? Give us a call today!